Friday, January 3, 2014

31 Days of Faith Art Journaing Day 25


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling 

Day 25: Journaling  

 Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Matthew 21:22 

 

Day 25!!  Can you believe it? Magical....Wondrous are words I am using right now. Last night as I was art journaling my back and arms were aching so badly. Earlier I place a pillow behind my back at dinner. I was hoping the aching would go away. I am grateful the Lord gave me strength to continue. So yes this moment is magical....wondrous.
 
I started working on this page while standing..Praise God!
 

I thank God for prayer. We talk daily, throughout the day. I know He's close. I know He. I feel His presence. There were times when the Lord felt far away. I know now He was always a pray away.


 

Thanking God for prayer!
 
 


 

Materials Used

Sargent Art © Acrylic Colors

White Gelly Roll pen

Bubble wrap

************************


 

Directions
 

1. Apply paints in random order on the page. Allow to dry. This paint is bright and bold.

2. Stamp with paint using bubble wrap.

3. Stamp with white paint.

4. Journal with White Gelly Roll Pen.



 

 

 

 

Scripture Journaling

 

Meditate on the verse ,Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matthew 21:22.

Write a prayer to the Lord about anything that has been on my heart this week. Wrtie without stopping, pausing or thinking. Just write until you are finished. You'll know when.

 

 

This journaling moment was so powerful as the words rolled from my pen to the page. I could feel my shoulders relaxing from the day. I could feel the Lord lightening my load. I am in awe when I experience the presence of the Lord in different ways. I have realized by placing limits on God, I place limits on what He can do in my life. As I wrote my prayer I was listening to Yolanda Adams song, "Just A Prayer Away." That is one of my all time favorites. I remember years ago listening to that song and really, really, really getting that the Lord was only a prayer away.

 

When all I could do was cradle over in a ball and cry out..the Lord was there. When I was a scared little girl crying myself to sleep every single  night, the Lord heard me. When I cried in my high school classroom trying to figure out which adult I could confide in, the Lord was there. He brought back to my remembrance of His very real presence. That's a later post. Yes, God is real!
 

I tried not to cry while writing this post. I tried not to cry while writing my prayer. I have stopped and started...tears flowing. My heart is glad. There is truly a praise party in my heart and I will praise the Lord for the rest of my life!

 


 

 

 

Prayer: Heavenly Father, You alone are Holy. I give myself away to Your will and purpose for my life. I give You praise because You kept me!  You kept my mind. You made me whole. I can't thank You enough. Thank You for my pastor, Pastor Tacuma Johnson and my First Lady Dr. Michelle Johnson. Thank You for blessing them with a ministry where there is healing and truth in Your name. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment