Thursday, December 19, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 10


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling 

Day 10: Water Soluble Oil Pastels

 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

 

Woo Hoo! We have reached double digits!!! Day 10. This has been the most amazing journey. Though I have been journaling scriptures, I am also reading before and after the selected scripture. I sing to myself, listen to music or journal in the quietness of the morning. This journey is helping  me so much to hear from the Lord in this season. I pray this journey is  creating a deeper level of journaling for you.

 

 

 

Let's Begin!
 

Materials Used

Paper
Water Soluble Oil Pastels
Sharpie Permanent Marker
 
************************
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Directions

 

1. Be free and allow yourself to draw , make circles or any design.

2. Rub the pastel to blend the colors. Pastels are very creamy and so much fun.

3. Outline focal points in black. Rub to blend

4. Seal your work

 

When working with oil pastels the chalk can transfer to other pages. You can seal with a fixative, spray varnish or frame your work. All spraying should be done outside. Currently, I don’t have a fixative, but read some where, you could use hair spray or matt medium. I will let you know how either of these works.

 

 

 

Scripture Journaling

 

Journal in the corners of your work.
 


 

 

My love for the Bible began in 3rd grade when Mrs. Powell use to read Bible stories each day. When I tried reading at home, I was often left confused and frustrated. Yet I was determined at age 9 or so to read the whole Bible. Still on a journey to listen to God through His Word, I have learned to pray for wisdom when studying the scripture. The same scripture may speak to me differently depending on what’s going on in my life. I find that amazing!


 

Was there ever a time when you handled or reacted in a situation before praying about it and the results less than favorable?

 

Prayer: Dear Lord, I ask that You always go before me. If it is your will for me to understand certain situations, I will follow You. If it is Your will to prepare me for Divine answers, I trust You. In Jesus Name. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment