Monday, December 2, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling




31 Days of Faith Art Journaling

Scripture and Inspiration for Your Soul

For the past several months I have been contemplating a new project. Finding time for art journaling can be a challenge . But I decided to do something creative every day. It's amazing how 10-15 minutes a day can make such a difference.

I realize it's about the process. The art will let me know when it's complete. When I journal in my Faith Art Journal, I speak to God. I feel an unbelievable connection to the creative Spirit God has placed in me.

I believe we all possess that same creative Spirit. So, often we are so critical of ourselves or we simply don't trust the little voice. I have experienced that recently.

I wanted to share Faith Art Journaling as part of the creative ministry I have been blessed with. Though I have fun and love teaching, a louder voice was telling me , "You haven't done this long enough." "Who cares about the process?" "Your health won't allow you to commit." "You are not an artist." "Who are you that anyone would listen?"

I decided to wait saying to myself, "I'll wait until everything lines up." As we all know, things don't always line up. I was reminded during Bible study while we studied the book of Romans that God doesn't expect us to get it all together, and then come to Him. There is much to be learned in our walk.

As the weeks went on, the idea wouldn't leave. Why not? I prayed and The Lord answered. "It's not your idea! It's mine.Your gifts belong to Me." What a blessed reminder! So, here I am a vessel being used while The Lord continues to develop me. My heart is open.

I am preparing for a journey of 31 Days of Faith Art Journaling. It's going to be fun and life changing.

Come along with me!

 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please bless the work of my hands. Help me to stay focused. Lead me and I will follow. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment