Wednesday, December 11, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 2


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling
 
Day 2: Texture
Retractable crayons, markers, leaves 
 
Call to Me and I willanswer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah33:3
 
Welcome to Day 2 of Faith Art Journaling. I hope you had funbeginning with markers.  It seemed likegreat place to start. Depending on the paper you used, the colors may havebled through. That’s great!  Remember,there are no mistakes in your art journal. We will work on the “back” a littlelater.  
One of the fun techniques in art journaling is creatingtexture on your page. We will do a simple texture.  I love art journaling! I feel blessed to beable to share. There is so much information available  and certainly not ashortage of  supplies to purchase. But I want to show you ways toenjoy your journal and not go broke! Certainly, you don't want to compromise on certain supplies. You of course will make that decision. Ok, enough ofbabbling!!
Let’s  Begin!!!
 
 
 
Materials used
Strathmore MixedMedia paper
 
Retractable Crayons (any crayons will work)
 
Permanent Markers

Bic Correction Pen
Leaves ...or you may use rubber bands, paper clips, tiny sticks, combs, etc
Scissors
Mod Podge
 
Rain drop stickers
*************************
 
 Using retractable crayons, leaves outlined with markers
Beginning Process
  1. Gently wash the leaves and dry on a paper towel or newspaper.
  2. Place the leaves under the page with vein side up.
  3. Apply pressure and color the leaves
  4. If you only have one leaf, switch the position and color until the substrate or page is covered to your liking.
  5. At anytime you can allow the page to “rest” to determine if you need to add anything. No pressure. Remember , this is Your journal.
 
Scripture Journaling
  1. Print or write your scripture.
  2. Express your thoughts concerning the scripture…write a prayer, whatever your heart’s desire or you may decide on no journaling
  3. Another option – Journal on a piece of scrap paper and glue it on the journal page.
 
Almost Complete
  1. Use a  marker to go over details or to make lines broader.
  2. Use a white Bic Correction pen to doodle….you know those drawing from your last meeting. J
  3. Stamp any image you find pleasing
 
As I read Jeremiah33, I was captivated by verse 3. As I pondered  the Word, I  began to think about the times in my life whenI experienced the pressures of life. We learn so much about ourselves whenpressure is applied. But also, the Lord reveals answers to us as well.  I have asked the Lord, how long? I have cried out in weakness pleading withthe Lord for strength. I learned to wait on the Lord's timing. He  revealed Himself to me, and let me know that Hishand was always in it! Glory!
 
I loved the way the colors blended on the page, though I may return to this later to add journaling or more doodling. For now, I am ok with meditating on the scripture.

"great and hidden things" revealed under pressure
 
As you apply pressure to see the leaf print, think of what the Lord revealed to you at a time when you felt pressure or at atime when you searched for answers for your life?
 
 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, for the times I was under pressure , thank You. For the things that were revealed to me while under pressure, I praise You.  Lord, I pray to remain focused on You and not on my circumstances. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment