Monday, December 30, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 21


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling

 

Day 21: Water Color Twist-Ups , Color Pencils

 

"Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them."

Mark 11:23

 

Welcome back to Day 21! As I drove in the drive way today, I noticed it was decorated with sidewalk chalk....drawings everywhere....a sign that my  7 year old grandson was still visiting. He has become my art partner. So, after being home for about 15 minutes he reminds me, "Grandma, have you completed the art for your blog? "
 
Today we are doing a two page spread! Come on! It'll be fun!
 
 

So, here I am! :-)


 

 

Let's Begin!

Initially I was going to collage the mountains, hence the paper. The journaling took this another direction.

 

 

Materials Used 

Water Color Twist-Up Pencils

Color Pencils

**************************
 

 

 

Directions 

1. Lightly sketch a mountain scene or another nature theme.

2. Color in with color pencils.

3. Using the water color twist up, color over the color pencils

4. Apply water using a water brush over the drawing.
 
 



 Scripture Journaling

 

Print out and glue to the page. Journal...

 

Each day I walk over mounds and mounds of issues. My job entails dealing with unhappy and angry people every day. It amazes me how differently people handle their mounds of issues. And then mounds become mountains. Then I listen as people reach their breaking points. And then I pray.



 

Today......was different. I knew to stay in constant prayer for myself. My mountain....depression.....is being moved! Praise God. How many know that your issues just go away without a fight. So, I pray and cry. Cry and pray. And speak to my mountain with no doubt in my heart that God's got this.

 

So, today.....I draw. I pray. I journal. I cry.....and then "Peace" by Juanita Bynum comes on my Pandora.
 
 

 

I feel peace.....I know I am okay.

 

So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief: for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20 


 

 

 

 

Prayer: Dear Lord, I praise You because I can speak to my mountain in Your name. Thank You for Your healing and making me whole. I need You, Lord and whatever You are doing in This Season....don't do it without me. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment