Sunday, December 15, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 6

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling

Day 6: Water color, toilet paper tube, bamboo skewer

In all your ways submit to Him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6



Welcome to Day 6! It's been a wonderful ride so far. I pray you are making a little time just to create. Five minutes here and ten minutes there will make a world of difference. I always take time through out my day to speak to the Lord. Today, He gave me the scripture , Proverbs 3:6. When I went to church this morning, it was written on the program. Wow, the Lord went ahead of me and guided me right where He wanted me to be.

I pray this scripture blesses you. Receive it and believe. In Jesus Name.

Let's Begin!



Materials Used
Paper
Water Color Paints
Water Spray Bottle
Acrylic Paints
Stencil
Toilet Paper Tube
Card Stock
Bamboo skewer
Artist Sketch Pen
Stamp
********************
 

Directions

1. Paint the page with Gesso.Optional. Let dry. You may use a hair dryer to speed the process.
2. Paint the page with water color paint with an all over design, rainbow design or one color. There are so many choices...relax and go with whatever your hands decide to do.
3. Using a stencils, paint circles
4. Using a paint brush , draw petals on the circles
5. Doodle with Artist Sketch Pen and bamboo skewer
6. Stamp randomly
7. Paint bottom of toilet tube and stamp circles


I wasn't sure where to go with these harsh lines. Had to trust the process.
 


 

Scripture Journaling

Print the scripture. Adhere to card stock. More doodling!




As I working on this art page, I wasn't  feeling the direction of the page. After the painted the "bars" of water color paint, I was thinking, "What would I do with such hard lines?" I almost started over, but decided to submit to the process and not over think it. Besides who quits in the beginning of a thing!

As I thought of the scripture, I could remember the paths I have taken in my life in which I had to trust the Lord. I had to acknowledge the Lord as the Head of my life and to submit to whatever He was doing in my life. We never know what it is going to look like in the end. Yet, we must trust, believe and allow God to direct our paths.



Was there ever a time when you stepped out ahead of the Lord? Through the Lord's mercy and grace, how did that experience change you?

No comments:

Post a Comment