Friday, December 13, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 4

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling
 
Day 4: Metallic Paint and Markers
 
 
The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
 

 

Hi there! How is it going so far? I hope you are taking time to create in your art journal. Ten minutes a day can make a big difference. I know I was struggling with finding the time to create. My mind was filled with all kinds of ideas that never made it to pages.

 

Recently , I fasted from Facebook and TV. In that time, I refocused my energies. Sat still. Listened. I was running here and there, doing this and that and not being productive. Clearly, I was out of order.....Correct order...God first.

 

I look forward to my time spent talking to my God. He speaks to me. I listen. I talk to Him. He hears me. So, whenever I am not connected to my Source my life spirals in the wrong direction. It is my desire to allow the Shepard of my lift to lead me.

 

Let's Begin!!!

 

 

Materials Used

Paper

Metallic Paint

Metallic Markers

Paint brush

Gesso

Ink Pad

Stamps

Cosmetic wedge
 
 
 

 

Beginning Process

1. This step is optional. Coat the page with Gesso and let dry. You may use a hair dryer to speed the process.

2. Paint first layer of paint. Allow to dry.

3. Sketch a simple form or drawing. I don't my little drawings to Picasso or anyone else. Neither should you. Remember....this is your art journal. The more we create, the better we'll become.

4. Using ink, embellish your page with your stamps.

5. Doodle including leaf shapes using metallic markers and white paint pen.

 
 


Scripture Journaling
 

Print the scripture. Adhere to page using Mod Podge. More doodling!

 
 

When I find myself worrying, overly concerned of fearful of anything, I remind myself of Psalm 23. We learned it at children. We must live it as adults. How awesome to know that we can find comfort in our Shephard. Just thinking about the restorative powers of my God ignites so much hope for me. So, I rest my dreams, hopes, and desires in the Lord.

As You meditate on Psalm 23, is there a particular verse that speaks to you? Has your life ever spiraled out of control? What scripture did you holdfast to?

No comments:

Post a Comment