Tuesday, December 24, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 15


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling 

Day 15: Pentel Oil Pastels, Water Color Paints, Doily Stencil

 

But now you must also put away all of the following: anger, wrath, malice, slander and filthy language from your mouth. Colossians 3:8

 

Half way there! Day 15!!  Getting my praise dance on because this day wasn't suppose to happen! But the Lord had another plan. I believe God!
 
 

 
 

My daughter has Pentel Oil Pastels in her art box. I decided to try it to see if I could tell a difference between Pentel and Portfolio Oil Pastels. I enjoyed both. I will have to play a little more to give a more thorough response. I know any excuse will do! :-)


 

Let's Begin!

 
 

 

Materials Used

Pentel Oil Pastels
 
Water Color Paints
 
Acrylic Paints

Gesso

Paper Doily

Die cuts- butterfly, dragon fly
 
***********************

 

 

 

Directions

1. Coat the page with Gesso..

2. Make random circles with the oil pastels.

3. Paint inside of circles with water colors

4. White wash with Gesso mixed with water

5. Paint through Doily stencil.

6. Doodling with Q Tip and stamping with round brush

7. Place a little paint on toothbrush and splatter close to page

8. Glue die cut butterfly and dragonflies
 
 
 



 

Scripture Journaling

 

Print out or write scripture.
 


 

 

I love nature and I am always inspired by nature in my writings, photography or art. Nature soothes me, calms me and connects me the Lord. It's hard to explain, because it's more than a feeling. Yet, when I was in my darkest hours, nothing could comfort me and I was filled with hurt and anger. Therefore, the words that came from my mouth were filled with hurt and anger. My  poems were filled with hurt, anger and sadness.

 

I am here today in my right frame of mind, because the Lord saved me. I have a new language. And even when the sting of my experiences try to resurface, I know to start praying. I remember the darkness. And I won't turn back!

 

 

Prayer: Heavenly Father, from the bottom of my heart I say, "Thank You." The road I was traveling was taking me in circles. It took me a while to jump off that road in faith and to trust you completely. I am glad I did. I thank You for my past experiences. I praise You for keeping me. I know I am that important to You. In Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment