Sunday, December 29, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 20


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling 

Day 20: Water Color Pencils
 

Search me, O God, and know my heart: Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad.

Psalm 139:23-24

 

Day 20 rolling in!!! The day began with the Grier Gang eating pancakes and preparing for church. Their father was going to preach the Word at the 11 o'clock service. Yet, they didn't know. I knew they would be surprised and certainly blessed by the Word brought forth.  

As I watched my husband prepare for his sermon, I noticed he stayed focused and stayed connected in His communication with the Lord. And I witnessed the moment in which he knew what he would speak about. He allowed the Lord to search his heart, so that he could decrease and the Lord increase.
 

In this 31 Days of Faith Art Journaling, I certainly have to decrease daily. I pray and wait on the Lord for my scriptures. This journey is unlike my normal art journaling. I am clear I am to stay focused and connected. And then I am to be obedient. Most importantly for this journey is to speak about things that have caused me pain, anger, hurt, happiness and glee. That's hard sometimes. But I know God will get the glory out of this!

 

So, here we go!

 

 
 


Let's Begin!
Regular water color pencils


 

 

Materials Used 

Water Color Pencils

Marker

White Gel Pen

Stamp

**************************

 

 

Directions 

1. Draw organic shapes all over the page.

2. Color in around the shapes.

3. Outline with graphite water and wash pencil.
 
4. Use a brush dipped in water to bring out the colors of the pencils. Allow to dry.

4. Doodle and stamp.
 
 



Scripture Journaling

 

Print out and glue to the page. Write your thoughts around some of the shapes.
 



 

If God were to search your heart, would he be sad? Happy? Confused? Hurt? Pray and ask the Lord to point to anything that is clogging your connection to Him. He will reveal to you what you need to pray for.
 



 

Prayer: Lord, help me to be honest and open. Vulnerability doesn't always feel safe. It makes me anxious sometimes. Yet Lord, someone needs to hear they aren't alone. Someone needs to know You are our Protector and our Healer. Lord, keep me connected. In Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment