Saturday, December 21, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 12


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling 

Day 12: Gouache Acrylic 

Happy are those who hope is in the Lord their God.

Psalm 146:5

 

Today marks Day 12 of 31 Days of Faith Art Journaling. I am using Gouache acrylic paint pots. I have never used these paints before. So, I am not sure what to expect. I am open to mistakes and challenges as well as wonderful surprises!
 
 

 

Let's Begin!


  

 

Materials Used

Gouache Acrylic Paints

Black paint

White Paint

Gesso
***********************
 
 

Directions

 
1. I started with painting from the Gouache pots making random designs.

2. Using a stamp made from meat foam packaging, made little white dots.

3. Trace the lid of a jar to make a large black circle.

4. Random doodling
 


 

Scripture Journaling 

Print out or write scripture and glue to card stock. 

 

Lessons learned

*Gouache acrylic is very fast drying. So I couldn't maneuver it as easily as regular acrylics.

*Gouache acrylics are thick and rough which should be mixed with water or another media.

*Gouache acrylics colors are bold.

Overall I enjoyed this experience and will continue to experiment. I think the quick drying will be beneficial when a hair dryer or heat gun is not an option.
 
 


 

 

As I completed this page and thought about the scripture, I thought about the Christmas season and how so many people lose hope. I prayed for those who are struggling and can't find a clear way out of their situation. The worst for any of us is to lose hope.

 

The scripture spoke to me when I meditated on "whose HOPE is in the Lord their God". That's the key. Your hope has be in the Lord. We make so many little things in our lives gods. I pray for focus and to be able to encourage myself. I can truly say, I am happy and my hope is in the Lord, my God!

 

Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray for continued hope in You. Your are Alpha and Omega. Thank You for never leaving or forsaking me. In Jesus Name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment