Thursday, December 12, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 3


Day Three of 31 Days of Faith Art Journaling
Acrylics, Gesso, Stamps,Sticker

 

 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13 KJV

 

Woo Hoo! It's  Day 3

I hope you are still excited about this journey. I am!  Today we will use acrylic paints.  You can use artist grade paints or craft paints.  Use whatever you have on hand. I use anything from dollar store paints to artist grade depending on my project.

I am encouraged today knowing the Lord has strengthened me for this 31 Days of Faith Art journal. I have already met so many challenges just in the 3days we have started. Yet I know this mission is ordained. So, I will keep moving forward knowing my help comes from the Lord!!

Let’s Begin!

 

Materials Used

Paper

Acrylic Paints

Paint brush

Gesso

Markers

Ink Pad

Stamp

Stickers
****************************
Gesso, Acrylic Paints
 
 

 

Beginning Process

1. This step is optional. Coat the page with Gesso and let dry. You may use a hair dryer or craft heat gun to speed the process

2. Chose at least 3 colors of acrylic paint plus white acrylic paint. Paint with your first color around the border of the page. Now cover the center with another paint choice. Add the third color. Allow to dry.

Of course you canpaint in whatever direction and method you chose. These are just the steps Idid.
 
Stamps using foam stamps and ink

3. Using ink, embellish your page with your stamps. For interest, stamp off the page so that you only have a partial image. Or lightlystamp so that the image is very light.

4. Doodle with organic shapes lines, swirls, etc.

5. Relax and have fun!!!

6. At any time you can allow the page to “rest” to determineif you need to add anything. No pressure. Remember this is your journal.

7. To create more depth and interest you can repeat steps 2 and 3 layering until you are pleased.

Outline with white marker pen, floral stickers, painted stems, doodling
 

ScriptureJournaling

Place the scripture anywhere on the page.  Doodle around the scripture. Express any thoughts you may have in the border area. Write a prayer.

 

I begin and end my day with prayer. The Lord and I haveconversations throughout my day because I know my strength comes from the Lord.There have been times when I started projects or joined committees or became involved in ministry projects with firstseeking the Lord. I have learned to seek God first and have been humbled. Yes,seek the Lord first. He provides direction and strength. My life is morefocused. Therefore I am more aware when the vision is from the Lord as opposeto something my flesh desires at the moment.

 

Have there been occasions in which you stepped out ahead ofthe Lord? What were the consequences?

Prayer: Lord help me to be true and honest with myself always, so that I know what I don't know. Lord,  I ask for wisdom to discern where You want me to go. In Jesus Name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment