Thursday, December 26, 2013

31 Days of Faith Art Journaling Day 17


31 Days of Faith Art Journaling

Day 17: Distress Paint Dabbers, Paper Bag
 

Show me the right path, O Lord: Point out the road for me to follow; Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.. Psalm 25: 4-5

 

 

Welcome to Day 17! I am having fun and learning a lot about different products. Over the years my kids and I have enjoyed a many craft days. They loved making things as well as designing their own T-shirts. They are older now ...married, college...life. No one took his paints, glue guns, etc. So, I gathered the goodies and added to my arsenal. Over the Christmas break , we had a Paint Party. Will have to share later. :-)

 


Let's Begin!

 

 

Materials Used
 

Distress Paint and Stain by Tim Holtz

Acrylic Metal Paints

Metallic Gel Pens

Napkins with falls leaves

Mod Podge

Brown Paper Bag

Leaves Stencil by Paul E.Kenney

Permanent Markers
**************************
 


 


 

 

 

 

Directions
 

1. Tear and apply single-ply leaf printed napkins to page. Allow to dry.

2. Trace leaves onto brown paper bag and cut out.

3. Using Distress Paint dabbers, paint the leaves.

4. Using metallic paints and pen, draw veins in the leaves.

5. White wash the page with watered down Gesso.

6. Adhere the leaves to the page with Mod Podge.

7. Doodle with Distress Paint and markers.

 

Scripture Journaling

 

Print out or write scripture.

 

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa. The first principle is Umoja...(Unity in the family, community, nation and race. I pray for that often and strive to live in unity.

 

As I thought of unity today, I realized how important that principle is in our places of worship. Without unity, there is discord. And from that point, things seem to unravel. We waste so much time and energy that could be spent on building the Kingdom.

 

I wonder sometimes if the Lord weeps when he sees His children fighting over money, statue, vision, teaching and power. There's a work to be done.....I will pray earnestly for Unity among God's people. His Word will not return void!
 

Prayer: Lord, in You I trust. I pray that Your will is done in our lives. I pray for unity upon God's people. I ask for forgiveness for anytime that I have done or said anything that caused confusion or created division. In all that I do, I strive to Christ-like. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment